Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Whole Enchilada




I've always heard the saying "Two halves make a whole."  But, do they where human beings are concerned? (Matthew 6:24)

I think the saying originated concerning human relationships. However, I believe that God did not make us a half where relationships are concerned. We are only incomplete without God!  (Colossians 2:10)

Once we have accepted Jesus Christ into our hearts, we become whole! And when we are whole and in God's word, we can accept another person into our lives!   (Romans 12:1-2)

The Bible speaks of love 281 times! We seem to spend our whole lives searching for love, when it is right under our noses. God's love is infinite! God's love is complete and unfailing!  (Psalms 136:1-3)

Am I saying that a relationship is something that isn't required by God?  
(1 Corinthians 7:9)

God does not pair us all up.  Read your Bible. Does each man have a wife? Or each woman have a husband?

I am stating that you must have God in order to have a lasting, loving relationship with another human being. How can you grow together if you are not both born again Christians living in God's word? You can not. You will become stagnant. (Consider the book of 1 Kings)

I really feel that, in order to find the person that God intends for you to spend your life with, you must have a loving, working relationship with Daddy, first. 
There is a tumblr floating around that I really like and that speaks volumes to me. It simply states, "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find her."  There is beauty in simplicity and this says it all.  But, on the other side of that, it works the same for men, also. 

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  Matthew 6:33

God bless you all in your walk with our Savior and in your journey to find your mate.  He will provide.  (Philippians 4:19)




No comments:

Post a Comment