Sunday, January 6, 2013

Satan Is Determined




If you are determined to follow God and do His will, then Satan is determined to follow you and make sure that you fall. 

How do you determine what is good for you and what is bad for you? Do you read labels and compare ingredients? Do you comparison shop online before purchasing an item? Do you research the components of a certain item that you want and see where it can be purchased for the least amount?

For me, that approach seems to always lead to an internal battle and a massive headache at the end. I seem to be an impulse person. I determine what's best for me and charge right into it without a thought as to what the outcome might be in my life.

I believe that God has a plan for each person. He created each of us, not by chance, but by His own will. He holds our future in His hands. He has control, not us.

So, instead of "label shopping" or "comparison buying" or "bargain hunting", we should be on our knees praying for discernment in determining what GOD wants for us.  (Galatians 6:9)

This is where Satan steps in, big time.

He starts by putting doubts in your mind. 
"Does God really want me to do this or do I want do this?" 
And then he proceeds to up the ante, so to speak.
"Well, maybe I'm not hearing God right. Maybe He really wanted me to zig instead of zag."
And then he closes in for the utter down fall of your determination to follow God's will.
"How do I really know what God is saying? How can I hear him when I'm such a screw up? How can I determine what is right when I can't even make a good decision on my own."
On my own? On my own?! You can not achieve ANYTHING for God own your own. If you don't give EVERYTHING over to God, then you have defeated your cause before you even begin. (Philippians 4:13)

For myself, if I even have the slightest doubt or feeling that I am not living in His word and His will, I immediately pray. I pray until I feel Him, until I hear Him. I won't move until I can feel His arms around me. Then, and only then, do I feel safe enough to keep moving and striving and determining my next move.  (Psalms 27:14)

So, let's view it as a daily foot race. The ultimate goal is living in God's word. You have the starting line. Putting your foot on that line is a determination to serve the will of God.  Now, getting into position for the pistol to fire.  You hunker down and pull on all of your inner strength.  You harness your energy to prepare yourself for the mental, emotional, spiritual and sometimes physical onslaught that will be required of you to keep yourself in God's word.
The pistol fires...and you're off! You are now running in his word, but remember to pace yourself or you will tire and become weak, therefore allowing Satan to get in the door. You see your goal in sight! As you round the corner, you see the finish line coming into view. You use that energy that you've reserved to put that extra push in  your step and zoom past Satan, running through that ribbon that signifies the end of the race, or the end of your day.  (1 Corinithians 9:24-27)

At the end of your day, what do you want to feel like you've accomplished?
Determination is the only way to accomplish a goal. Why not make your goal to serve Christ in all that you do? Why not decide to be a blessing? Why not ask God for a better attitude, each and every day?



No comments:

Post a Comment