Friday, January 4, 2013

Seeking A Godly Partner In Life




I believe that God wants us to be happy and that He wants us to share that happiness with a life mate, a spouse.
In 2 Corinthians 6:14, it is made apparent that He wants us to join with other believers. It is His word that states "Can light and darkness be friends?"  No. They can not. So, first object in seeking a Godly spouse: Make sure that person holds the same beliefs. He wants those partners to be faithful to one another and make Him first. He wants the husband to leave his parents and cleave unto his wife. He wants the wife to be loving.
Now as to my specific list as to what I want in a mate, I can tell you this:
I want a Christian man, founded in his faith with God; A man who is honest and a hard worker; A man who is loyal and takes his role in the family seriously; A man who will be the leader in our household, spiritually as well as in other aspects.
My role, as a wife, a woman, would be to submit to my husband (Most women find that word to be offensive, in this day and age. It is not meant to be offensive. It is meant to be a declaration to your husband that you trust him and know that he loves you and will do the right thing for you, your children and your marriage.) and to raise our children in God's word; to make home a wonderful place, one that he looks forward to coming into each day; to love him and honor him and obey him (as the vows do state).
I have failed in this so many times before, but I do believe if I were to take on the role of wife again, it would be different because of my grounded faith in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.  I would make sure that we were both in His word and His command with each step of our relationship.  
I found an interesting little site that had such a wonderful read on God's words and our roles in finding a spouse. Won't you click it and read it?

http://www.bibleissues.org/spouse1.html


God bless you all and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment